There’s lots of ways to earn money online, from a few dollars, to a few thousand dollars…
You could sell bits and pieces on eBay or on Amazon. Won’t earn you much unless you put a lot of work in, but it’s an easy way to make some extra cash. Personally I recommend Amazon over eBay these days as it’s much easier to sell on.
You could offer your services – for example transcription, article writing, audio recording, web design… or even pretty much anything you can think of (for crazy ideas visit fiverr.com – it’s amazing what people will do for $5!).
Now the purpose of this site is to help you make a part time, or full time income, with your own websites, with surprisingly little ongoing work.
I’ve mentioned before why I consider this such a strong way to earn income online:
- I truly believe that now is the ideal time to start (or grow) your online business. Right now the opportunities are wide open. it won’t always be this way.
- Websites work for you, even when you’re sleeping, or at your day job!
- By building websites, you’re creating something valuable that you can sell down the road if you choose. I recently sold some of my websites for a very nice five figure sum.
Now, you may be new to internet publishing/marketing, and may not be familiar with how to create or edit a website, how to get visitors to your website, or understand much of the jargon…
I would say the main points that stop people really attacking having their own online business are:
- Don’t know how to start
- Don’t have the skills
- Think there’s too much competition
- Don’t have the time/energy to put the work in
- Not particularly comfortable with computers
Once they’re up and running, your websites can make money for you with little ongoing work, but you do need to put the work in at the start, and you will have a learning curve if you’re new to all this.